See how we are adjusting and adapting to COVID-19…Learn More
We are frequently asked how to become a team lead and take the next step in forwarding your career as a brand ambassador. At Hype, we look for those BAs whom exemplify what being a brand ambassador is all about and going above and beyond during promotions to make any event a success! We often work with a number of team leads consistently as they have a proven track record of successfully managing and completing a program. Though we love adding new BAs to this pool of people! This week’s Talent Tip Tuesday shares a bit of insight into how we choose our team leads and what qualifications get them booked (and re-booked time and time again).
Our activation team looks for things such as punctuality, professionalism, great follow through and the ability to work in all kinds of situations with all kinds of people. We also look for great communicators when booking a team lead, not only communicating effectively with the staff on-site and/or our client but with our internal team as well. More often then not, a team lead will take on additional responsibilities such as receiving shipments to their homes, picking up event materials, checking in with their team before an event and completing reports and recaps.
If you’re looking to break in and prove yourself eligibly to be a team lead, here are a few things some questions to keep in mind and consider when you’re working upcoming events:
1. Did you confirm your booking email and/or final details email?
2. Have you checked in early before your start time with the activation specialist/Hype off-site contact?
3. Did you send a follow up email after the event with your timesheet within 24 hours of completion?
4. Did you go above and beyond during your shift?
5. Were you proactive on-site as opposed to waiting for the next instruction?
If you answered yes to these questions and feel as though you’re ready to take on the responsibility, prove it!