A picture is worth 1,000 words. While we LOVE to see photos of you having fun out in the field, a good headshot is also essential to being successful in the promotional industry. Here’s why!
You don’t have to spend a ton of money for a good photo; in fact, you don’t even need a professional photo at all! How do you take a good headshot, you ask?
Here are Hype’s Top Ten Tips & Tricks:
1. Use a good quality camera or a newer Smartphone with a good camera feature to take your picture.
2. Have someone photograph you (or set your phone’s camera to a self-timer). We don’t want to see mirrior pics and selfies (and neither do our clients).
3. Wear a solid color; clean, natural makeup
4. Find natural lighting
5. Use a solid background – whether it is a solid colored wall (NOT the same color as your top!), the side of a brick building, or some trees outside
6. Eliminate distractions within the photo frame. YOU should be the main focus!
8. Let us see your face! Remove unnecessary hats and sunglasses- you’re not hiding from the paparazzi, you’re applying to a job.
9. Don’t be afraid to show a little personality. While your photo should be professional, be engaging and show your friendly nature!
10. Make sure your photo looks like YOU! Though high quality photo shopped photos are nice, they don’t always show the best representation of what staff look like in person.